With our first program complete, we are excited to put our attention on next year and our second startup cohort. We are hearing from startups all over the world about their interest in our next program. We meet them at our QuickPitch events, and we will be meeting more at MergeLane events in other cities (see our Events Page or Summer Tour page to learn more and sign up). If you or someone you know runs a startup that meets MergeLane’s criteria, please send them our way.
Our application opens on September 1st. We get asked all the time how companies can prepare in advance of the opening date, and here are some answers to the most common questions and tips to help you get set to submit a killer application:
- Join us at an event. We host networking events, pitch events, and informational sessions for companies located in Colorado or anywhere in the world. It helps to create a connection and begin to build relationships with our team, so when it comes time to review applications, we know who you are. You’ll find current events here.
- Take a look at our criteria linked above, to begin thinking broadly about what we pay attention to. The data show that women frequently do not apply to jobs and other opportunities when they don’t meet ALL the criteria. We don’t want that. We want you to apply to MergeLane no matter what.
- Start thinking about your application and why you should be accepted in the next class. Here is a sneak peek into what is on the application:
- We will ask you for a one-minute video introducing the founders. Videos longer than one minute will not be viewed. This does not need to be a professionally shot video. It just needs to be clever and telling about who you are and why you’re doing what you’re doing.
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile and website are up to date.
- If applicable, we’ll want a one-minute video demo or explanation of your product.
- We’ll ask you to answer the following questions:
- What is different/interesting/new about your business?
- What are your plans for next year?
- What evidence do you have of product-market fit?
- What is the most recent product or traction milestone of the business? Explain.
- Explain your history and your current/past/future financials.
Applications open September 1st and will close November 23rd. We will review applications on a rolling basis starting in October. Interviews will be from October — December, and we will announce our selected teams by mid-January. The next class will begin on February 1st 2016. Companies will receive their $20K investment as soon as all the legal documents are signed. Companies will be required to be in Boulder from February 1st – 12th and again from April 18th – 22nd.
If you’re not already on our startup prospect list or you have additional questions, email us to get updates on events and deadlines.